- Analyzing the speed.
- Response Time.
- Handling of the expected Load.
Performance Testing of a Software:
A performance test of software checks:
- Speed- makes sure the response time of an application is quick.
- Stability- makes sure that the software developed is stable under different loads.
- Load- it determines the maximum amount of load a software can handle without crashing.
Why Performance Testing is necessary?
- When it comes to a user of a software, only specifications, features and functionality is not the concern. It all comes down to the performance of the application that is provided to the consumer.
- During performance testing a software’s speed, stability and scalability is taken into account.
- The ultimate objective of performance testing is not only to eliminate any possible bugs or errors but also to detect any sort of performance bottlenecks and eliminate them too.
- Performance testing is done by software testers and the report is given to the developers of the application being tested.
- Performance testing unveils the glitches and the areas where improvements can be made.
- If performance testing is not done on any software before getting released then it is most likely that the users are going to report issues like the slow running of the software application and poor usability.
- Performance testing makes sure that the software meets its required requirements and never crashes down due to an unexpected workload.
- If a software application is released in the market without any sort of performance testing done then it is most likely to bring a bad reputation for its developers in the market.
Importance of Software Testing:
- Nowadays almost everything is digitized. This puts the software at a higher stake. If the software that deals with public offices crash then the developer’s credibility is at great stake.
- Similarly, various heal care facilities and medical equipment are being run by software. If these software crash under load then it can even cause life-threatening conditions for the patients whose lives are at stake.
- Therefore such software should be subjected to long durations of performance testing so that these are completely bug-free.
- Big companies like Amazon, eBay and Alibaba faced huge sales loss due to web service outages.
- Any user expects the software to load as quickly as possible and when their demand isn’t met they lose their interest in that software and tend to uninstall it
- Example: If a financial transaction takes a lot of time then the users lose trust in that specific application.
Tools Used For Performance Testing:
- WebLoad tool is the perfect choice for enterprises with heavy user load and complex testing requirements.
- It offers to perform load and stress testing on any internet application.
- The strengths of WebLoad are its flexibility and ease of use.
- This tool provides a clear analysis of your application’s performance and pinpoints all sorts of issues with it.
- LoadNinja allows quick sophisticated load tests and reduces the time by 50%.
- LoadNinja empowers teams to increase their test coverage without sacrificing quality by removing the tedious efforts of dynamic correlation, script translation, and script scrubbing.
- VU Debugger – debug tests in real-time.
- VU Inspector – manage virtual user activity in real-time.
- This load testing tool provides advanced testing functions.
- Creating tests in SmartMeter.io is very simple and easy.
- It features automatically generated reports.
- The tool is also strong in distributed testing, CI integration, and offers unparalleled performance testing support for Vaadin apps.
Place Where You Can Get Performance Testing Done:
Bugespy offers all sorts of testing including performance testing. This software testing company provides you with quality software testing as well as performance testing of your software. You can visit their website by clicking here.