Knowledge can be attained regardless of the region these days, Software Testing is no different.
Ever since we have access to the internet, almost any skill can be learned online.
Although skills can be learned online, that doesn’t imply it’s simply easy. Nothing good comes easy, so if you’re looking for shortcuts, software testing is not for you.
What you need for the start is the correct source of knowledge, grip on the programming language used in the application at hand and a ton of practice.
If you’re new to software testing and are looking to test your own application or software, it’s better to let the software testing experts handle it.
If you’re still here, let’s get into the steps on how you can learn Software Testing Online and also discuss some useful sources to start.
Let’s discuss some basics:
If you want to learn software testing then like any other field, you should start from the basics.
Software testing is a vast domain, it’s about removing bugs, ensuring completion of requirements and at times also improving the user experience of the software. It’s a procedure that makes any software reliable and pretty much fool-proof to be used by the consumer.
Another good place to start the basics is our own blog that covers various elementary topics. You can start by going to our Software Testing Guide Page.
Our website covers a complete blog about software testing where you can get information on various topics about software testing such as:
- How much do software testers make
- Where can you learn software testing
- Taking up software testing as a career
- The importance of software testing
- The strategies of software testing
Now that you have somewhere to start i.e. BugEspy’s Blog, next you must create an action plan.
This is what your action plan must cover:
- Basics of Programming
- What is Software Testing and How it Works?
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Types of Software Testing
- Pick a type of Software Testing to start (We recommend Automation Testing)
- Select an Online Course or Guide
- Watch case-studies on YouTube
The learning process of software testing can also be started by reading an eBook. This goes with any skill that you are eager to learn.
Once you take up this job it can be challenging so you should have a good grip on the basics. Stick to your action plan and practice as much as possible, this way you would be able to face an interviewer or a client without hesitation.
Books On Software Testing:
The following are some books on software testing that you should go through if you want to learn software testing.
You can grab hard copies as well as read the eBook versions if you want to learn online:
- The Art of Software Testing,3rd Edition by authors Glenford J.Myers, Corey Sandler, Tom Badgett.
- Software Testing,2nd Edition by Ron Patton.
- Software Testing Techniques,2nd Edition by Boris Beizer.
- Agile Testing: A Practical Guide For Testers and Agile Teams by Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory.
- A Practioner’s Guide To Software Test Design by Lee Copeland.
- Software Test Automation – Effective Use of Test Execution Tools by Mark Fewster and Dorothy Graham.
- The Just Enough Software Test Automation by Dan Mosley and Bruce Posey.
- How To Break Software: A Practical Guide to Testing
Websites To Learn Software Testing Online:
If you are passionate and enthusiastic about learning software testing online then the following are the few websites that you can consult.
- BugEspy Blog Visit to find almost all the relevant basic material regarding software testing on this website.
- Software Testing Help is also popular among those who learn software testing online. It has a wide range of tutorials with 1 million+ monthly views.
- Software Test Pro this website is an online community for all the software testers around the globe. The software testers help out each other and share valuable knowledge. It also helps software testers to be aware of the latest happenings in the world of software testing.
- UTest is a global network of software testers. It helps the software testers to elevate their skills by going through relevant articles, courses, and forums.
- Guru99 This website is considered among the most trusted source of knowledge for software testing. If you are considering to get online training about software testing then this is your go-to place.
- DZone If you are looking for all the technical content related to software testing then you have to bookmark this website. It has over a million members and helps you get all the relevant information regarding software testing.
We recommend you check out all the above-mentioned links and see which one works best for you.
And for a head-start, we’ve covered all basic questions and topics in our BugEspy Software Testing Guide & Blog.